Programatically determine if product is licensed

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by John Hennesey
Version: 17.2.0663

Is it possible in code to determine if the product(s) are licensed?  We are using the Syntax Editor controls for intellisense in Windows Workflow 4 - it reall is awesome, but since the other developer has the development license every time I use our product I get the error(s).  And worse, when I am running with the debugger attached the null object reference errors go on, and on, and on, and on.

Any way I can say "if not licensed, don't new up and instance and attach to the WF designer object?"

Thanks,

John

Comments (2)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi John,

I'm glad the SyntaxEditor/Workflow integration is working well for you.  Technically any developer who is compiling a project that uses our products should have a developer license.  I'm not sure of your project setup, but perhaps your team isn't licensed properly if you are running into this scenario?  We will be happy to determine your licensing requirements offline if you write sales@actiprosoftware.com and describe your usage setup in detail.  We can also answer your other question offline if it is needed after determining licensing requirements.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by John Hennesey

I was the only developer for years on the project - I have since handed it off to someone else to handle.  The developer is on PTO at the moment, so I jumped in on Friday to handle something for him; I plan to be out tomorrow mid-day so it's not worth pursuing.  I was hoping it was easy so I could cruise through with the debugger attached - but, I don't want to violate any licensing agreements.  I'll stick it out for the next few hours.

Thanks-

John

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.