Creating a code snippet dynamically

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Daisuke Nakada
Version: 17.2.0664

Hi,

I want to create a code snippet object dynamically in code (instead of loading from a file), and insert the snippet on the editor.

Is this possible?

I read the documentations and the sample browser but could not find the example for doing that.

Thank you.

Comments (3)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Yes, you can create an instance of the CodeSnippet class and fill in its members appropriately via code.  That is basically what happens when you load a code snippet file.

Then if you look at the "SyntaxEditor / User Interface Features / IntelliPrompt Features / Code Snippets" topic, the second section in there gives an example of programmatically creating a template session using a CodeSnippet instance.  That's what you would do to open it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Daisuke Nakada

Thank you for your response. I tried it and it worked fine.

I have another question about the code snippet. I have weird highlightings between the current line and the code snippet.

When a snippet is inserted on my editor, the current line highlighting is canceled. And when I start editing one of the snippet fields, the current line highlighting appears and the code snippet highlightings are canceld instead. Then, when I press [Tab] key to move to other snippet field, the current line highlighting is canceled again and the code snippet highlightins appear.

This does not occur on your Sample Browser. So I think I'm doing something wrong but cannot find out what it is. Could you give me some advice on this, please?

Thank you.

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I tried to reproduce this in the Sample Browser too but was unable.  Did you change the style for the current line highlight, like perhaps adding a solid background?  Offhand I can't really think of anything else that would cause it.  If you can reproduce it in a new simple sample, that would be helpful.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.