DateTimeEditBox - Auto close after selection not functioning

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Andreas Gruber
Version: 18.1.0672

Hi!

I have a view for the user so that he can input his working hours and processed tasks. With the DateTimeEdit Box the user selects a ceratain date from the popup. In older versions of the control the popup was closed after a date was selected. With this version, the popup stays opened. It is closed when I click on different area of my view.
The selected date is changed and the data from my DB is selected and shown.

In the same view I have two additional DateTimeBoxes. With those two separate fields, the user can select a period for registering his holiday. Those fields have the same problem in a different way. Sometimes the popup closes, sometimes not.

For tests I have removed the databinding of the DateTimeBoxes, nothing changed.

Code example for on the fields:

<editors:DateTimeEditBox Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="0" Value="{Binding SelectedDateVon, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged}" Format="D" />

Do you have an idea?

Comments (1)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andreas,

A DateEditBox (date-only) popup will close when you click on a date since that's the only thing needing configuration on the popup.  However a DateTimeEditBox popup shouldn't close when you click on a date since there is another tab for the time, and that might need configuring.  Otherwise, the user is having to keep opening the popup to change both values, which seems like bad design.

If you have any suggestions for improvement, we're open to talking about them.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.