Selection - exlcude lines or text ranges?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Vincent Parrett
Version: 4.0.0253
Hi

I now have my first and last lines read only using the DocumentPreTextChanging event. Now I need to find a way to make them non selectable, is this possible? There doesn't seem to be any events triggered when the selection changes.

Regards

Vincent.

[Modified at 06/24/2007 08:53 PM]

Comments (4)

I see that the Selection class has an internal SelectionChanged event, any chance you could make this public? I'm guessing this event might make it possible for me to exclude the first and last lines from the selection text range.

Regards

Vincent.
Nevermind - don't know why I couldn't see the SelectionchangedEvent on the control before.. must be blind. I'll see if I can use that to do what I want.

Regards

Vincent
Changing the selection in the SelectionChanged event works, at least to a degree. Is there a better way to do this (ie prevent lines from being selected in the first place?)

Regards

Vincent.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Vincent,

Sorry there isn't a built-in way to prevent certain text ranges from being selected so what you are doing is probably the only way.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.