disabling semantic parser service?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Kelly Leahy - Software Architect, Milliman
Is there a way at the document level that I can disable the semantic parser service without disabling it for all documents?

I've got some code where I'm loading my formulae from a file (and parsing them using a Document instance) but want to parse them without using a separate thread (because my file-load should block on each document until it is parsed), but I don't really want to mess up the parsing of other documents that I have attached to existing syntax editor windows during this process...

If it's not possible to disable it on a per document basis, can you tell me a bit more about the behavior of the "Stop" method? For instance, if I call Stop before loading my documents and then Start after I'm done, but a parse was in progress when I call stop, does it restart that parse when I call start, or is that parse request lost forever?

Thanks,

[Modified at 07/03/2007 11:55 AM]

Kelly Leahy Software Architect Milliman, USA

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmm, this is a tricky one. No it's not possible right now to disable it on a per-document basis. When you stop the service it will abort the parser thread and yes you will lose that request because it has already been pulled off of the queued stack.

Also note though that by adding the request at a higher priority, you ensure that it goes before any remaining pending requests.

I'm not sure the best way to handle this with the current functionality since you mentioned valid issues. Any suggestions are welcome for future changes though.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.