DragAndDrop

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 17 years ago by MichaelEhlert - Boll und Partner Software GmbH
Well, here's another problem, maybe not a Ribbon issue:

I have a Ribbon-Window containing a frame, this frame is showing different (xaml) pages.
On one of those pages i would like to enable "Drag and Drop", but i don't receive any DragEnter / Drop events. AllowDrop is set to True (for the page and for a WrapPanel on the page), Drop= and DragOver properties are set, but the handlers never get invoked.

Same on a plain WPF Window is working pretty well. (Ok for WrapPanel, not working for an Image)

Any hint is apreciated...
Michael

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
RibbonWindow inherits Window and I don't believe we do anything in particular to block drag and drop. We have tried to keep RibbonWindow as simple as possible while providing the updated UI.

Could you make a tiny sample project that has one regular Window showing your correct functionality and another window that is a RibbonWindow with the same code showing it not working and email that over so we can debug? Perhaps if it is not something in our code then this will show that too while you build the sample.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by MichaelEhlert - Boll und Partner Software GmbH
Well, it took a while but i found out: this seems to be a VS2005 problem. While debugging no DropEvent is generated, running the exe is firing every event i need.

Michael
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.