How to improve the backstage "BACK" button?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 5 years ago by Greg Kilmatead
Version: 18.1.0675

Hello,

I would be interested in improving the Ribbon control's Application's backstage "BACK" button (in the Metro themes).

I would like to make the following changes:
1. display a highlight for the button when the cursor is over it, instead of just slightly dimming the button;
2. making the button use the full width of the blue column rather than just a square area for the clicking hot-spot;

I have attached a demonstration video to better illustrate how I'd like the Actipro version to work (in contrast to DevExpress'): https://imgur.com/iT5USn9

If you could provide a working solution/example of how to achieve this functionality, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

[Modified 5 years ago]

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the suggestion.  The "back" button is currently styled within the RibbonWindow template so it's not straightforward to alter.  That being said, we plan on updating its appearance when we work on modernizing our themes later this year.  I've marked down this thread with the TODO item for the "back" button modernization for reference.  We'll make it render like the latest Office (full width button with background states) at that time.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 5 years ago by Greg Kilmatead

Hello,
thank you for taking this into consideration for future updates.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.