Minimized ribbon pop-up doesn't display ContextualTabGroup color

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 5 years ago by Greg Kilmatead
Version: 18.1.0675

Hello,

I don't know if this is by design or not, but when the ribbon is minimized and then its pop-up is being shown for one of its contextual tabs, the margin of the pop-up isn't using the color of the contextual group, as it does when the ribbon is not minimized.

To better illustrate what I mean, I've recorded this video: https://imgur.com/a/hLPauw1

If there's a way to make the minimized ribbon's pop-up aware of the contextual groups' colors, please show to me a solution/example code.

Thank you!

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Greg,

Thanks for letting us now about this.  In Metro themes, no color should be getting used for the outer border of the tabs and group content.  This wasn't consistently being done.

We've fixed it for the next maintenance release. 

Actipro Software Support

Hello,

Um.. I'm mainly using the Metro themes and the reason I reported this is because I wanted the color to show on the outer borders of tabs and the pop-up as well. I feel like it gives a nice touch (similar to an accent color) in a predominantly light/dark GUI.

Would it be possible to continue allowing using colors after the update (as a property option or something)?

Thank you!

[Modified 5 years ago]

Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Yes we are adding a new property on Tab that you can override with an implicit Style in Application.Resources.  You'll be able to do this in the next build:

<Style TargetType="ribbon:Tab">
	<Setter Property="UseColors" Value="True" />
</Style>

Actipro Software Support

Excellent, thank you.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.