CompletionProvider / Ordering

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Sylko Zschiedrich
Version: 20.1.0400

Hi,

I try to register an additonal CompletionProvider to the VBSyntaxLanguage. The constructor of a CompletionProvider allowes to add Ordering information. The documentation describes this as the way to define the processing order of all the completion providers in the SyntaxLanguage.

I was not able to set my own CompletionProvider before the default VBCompletionProvider.

This is the source code I used:

public class SessionCompletionProvider : CompletionProviderBase, IEditorDocumentTextChangeEventSink
{
public SessionCompletionProvider() : base("SessionCompletionProvider", new[] {new Ordering("Visual Basic", OrderPlacement.Before)} )
{

Thanks for any help!

Sylko

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about this.  After investigation, it appears to be a bug in our core language service sorting logic.  We've fixed it for the next maintenance release, but it might be a while before that is out since we just published one.  If you'd like to try a preview build sooner, please write our support address and mention this thread and we'll send you a link.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 4 years ago by Sylko Zschiedrich

Thanks for your answer.

Meanwhile my workaround to unregister and reregister the default CompletionProvider after my customcompletionprovider will do the job.

Kind regards

Sylko

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Yes that will work in the meantime.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.