There is support for creating custom themes?

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH
Version: 19.1.0685

Hello,

There is support for creating custom themes?

Lets say I want that all the text in my application to have color green.

I think I am expecting some mechanism, maybe some static classes in which I can set sizes, colors, etc for different kind of controls.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

Yes absolutely.  Please see our Themes topics in the documentation that comes with the WPF controls.  We also have some Themes samples.  All our controls use various Brush resources you can customize.  The Theme Browser utility in the v2019.1 Sample Browser lets you see all of them.

The focus of v2020.1 is to do a lot more with themes.  We have built a powerful theme generation system that can build up all these brush resources on the fly.  You'll be able to determine how you want to tint grayscale colors as part of the theme definition options.  We have a new Theme Designer app coming that lets you see how all theme definition options affect the generated theme.  There's a lot of v2020.1 info in our recent blog posts.  We haven't yet detailed the new theme generator and Theme Designer app but that will be posted about soon.  Write our support address if you'd like to help beta test and give feedback on everything we have cooking.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.