Popupbutton control moving out of its target control when scrolled.

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Raghavendra
Version: 19.1.0684

Hi,

I have created a popupcontrol using popupbutton and binded it to properties in the property grid, when the popup is opened and if we scroll the property grid the popup is scrolled and is moved out of the binded property. The popup button should move along with its target control.

In WPF popup control i see PlacementTarget on popup.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Comments (4)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Before digging into this, I want to make sure we understand the exact scenario.  Do you mean a scenario where a PopupButton has its popup showing and you use the mouse wheel to scroll the PropertyGrid vertically?

Actipro Software Support

Yes. When the property grid is scrolled the popup should either closed or should move along with its popupbutton.

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We can't really do either of those things since the controls used in PropertyGrid value cells can be anything, and it would be up to the ScrollViewer to somehow tell descendant controls what to do. 

But what we can do is prevent the mouse wheel event from bubbling up out of the control when the popup is open, so the ScrollViewer would never get it.  We're adding that for the next maintenance release.  It works the same as ComboBox and it prevents this scenario.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you for the suggestion, i have handled the mousewheel events, it worked. Thankyou.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.