How to cause an item of a ShellListView to update ?

Shell for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by rex hui
Version: 19.1.0685

If we change properties such as the Name or the SmallIcon, the item will be updated, but if we change other properties such as the "Date modified", the item will not be updated. How do we tell ShellListView to update an item? Should there be a ShellObjectChangeKind.ChildUpdated?

Thanks.

Comments (4)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rex,

Thanks for reporting this.  I believe we have found a solution.  We'd appreciate it if you could test the update to ensure it functions as desired.  Can you write our support address and request a preview build with the change?  Please reference this thread in your email.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Thanks. That seems to be working.

Although at first, I thought I would be raising the event from the parent and passing the child IShellObject like this (similar to a ChildAdded or ChildRemoved):

Parent.RaiseChangedEvent(new ShellObjectChangedEventArgs(ShellObjectChangeKind.ChildUpdated, Child));

but it turns out to be:

Child.RaiseChangedEvent(new ShellObjectChangedEventArgs(ShellObjectChangeKind.ChildUpdated, null));

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rex,

Sorry, it should have been "Updated" instead of "ChildUpdated" since we can only notify the shell object itself.  The code that receives the notification doesn't have access to the parent.  We're making that change for the final build.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks. "Updated" instead of "ChildUpdated" makes more sense.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.