Renderer for SyntaxEditor

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Alex Sche
Version: 20.1.0400

Hello, I found an answer about customizing SyntaxEditor styles here, but it is 7 month old:

https://www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/25144/changing-background-and-textcolor-for-a-custo

Previously we used custom renderer  for editors, which allows us to customize editor appearance as we want. In new version there is no possibility to assign renderer to syntax editor and there is no possibility to change appearance of scrollbars.

So, the question is -  are you added the ability to change scroll bars appearance or still not?

Comments (6)

Answer - Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Alex,

Nearly everything in the editor other than the scrollbars can be customized with DisplayItemClassificationTypes now.

In build 401, we added back renderers to support scrollbar rendering customization.

Actipro Software Support

Ok, thank you, thats a really good news.

But I have looked into SyntaxEditorRenderer class and didn't found a method to draw editor border. Is there any way to override drawing of editor border (or just to change its color) at the moment?

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Alex,

Sorry, the SyntaxEditor.BorderColor didn't appear to have a setter and it should have had one.  We're adding that for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your help.

Hi again, while we waiting for a new build  - is there a way to change border color through reflection?

I made a quick search, but didnt find any private fields with type Color.

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Alex,

We plan on doing a maintenance release (build 402) any day now.  Unfortunately the border color isn't configurable (even with reflection) until build 402 comes out.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.