data virtualization & selecting items

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Andrew Levine
Version: 19.1.0686

I was wondering if there's any way to select off-screen items in the TreeListBox from code with data virtualization enabled. The way it is now, using SelectItemByFullPath, an item is only selected if it's been displayed before. v19.1.0684

[Modified 4 years ago]

Comments (3)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andrew,

I would think that SelectItemByFullPath would work, even with virtualization as long as your path configuration via the item adapter is set up properly.  Can you put together a new simple sample project that shows the issue and send that over to our support address so we can have a look at the scenario?  Please reference this thread and remove the bin/obj folders from the ZIP you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 4 years ago by Andrew Levine

I'm not sure how to recreate it without sending my whole project, but I can't do that because I'm mixing it with paid libraries other than Actipro. In my item adapter I have PathBinding set to an Index property that tracks the node's index in its parent collection. Is there anything else I need to do in order to configure the path settings?

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

That's probably fine as long as each item has a unique path value within its parent.  We certainly wouldn't want an enormous project.  If you can mock up a new simple sample project with dummy data similar to the technique you're using now that shows it happening, that would be enough.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.