Menus not showing on first view w/ Orcas Beta 2 Vista

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Bryan Livingston
Version: 1.0.0346
Platform: .NET 3.0
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
As soon as I updated to beta 2 of orcas the menus don't show the first time they are clicked. They draw as a little 10x10 corner of the menu. Can't view the right click menu at all. Also the right side of the application menu is not getting rendered.

It's hard to tell what framework is being used. I've set my projects to target 3.0 but it still happens. I think something from the 3.5 framework preview may be causing the problem.

Bryan

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bryan,

We finally got VS 2008 Beta 2 installed on a VPC yesterday. I can duplicate all of the things you mentioned and believe they all are related to the same issue.

It seems that popups are no longer calculated to be the correct size when they are first displayed. The second time they are displayed they are correct. In the case of the right-click menu, that is created new each time so it never gets a second chance to be corrected.

I just searched the MS WPF forums on this and found three separate topics since beta 2 was released related to popups not resizing themselves properly. I've replied to those topics to let them know that we are experiencing this bug in the 3.5 beta framework as well.

We spent some time yesterday trying various things to make the popups resize properly but weren't able to come up with a workaround so far. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with these annoying issues until Microsoft fixes whatever they broke related to popups in Beta 2. In all of the cases on the MS forums, the other devs said their code worked fine before VS 2008 beta 2. One topic was even showing the built-in ComboBox having issues resizing its drop-down based on items properly.

Just looked and there is an item posted in connect.microsoft.com on this so hopefully Microsoft will address the bug soon.

[Modified at 08/03/2007 02:17 PM]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Good news, this popup bug has apparently been filed as fixed by Microsoft for the RTM of .NET 3.5.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.