Problem displaying videos in ribbon

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Brad Daszynski
Version: 1.0.0346
I have a few local videos displaying on my ribbon in a custom control (they auto play and repeat). However, in order to get them to play when running my application, I have to switch to a different tab, THEN back to the video tab, and then the videos play. Is there any fix for this? Would I be able to programatically switch tabs when the application starts up? I've tried this and it doesn't seem to do any good. Thanks!

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brad,

I believe you posted about the same issue here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Support/Forums/ViewForumTopic.aspx?ForumTopicID=2445

We're currently in the process of doing major updates to the internal structure of Ribbon. Part of the reason is to implement some better core WPF techniques, which in turn should resolve this issue for you.

Your original post's issue getting fixed was actually a requirement for the updated design. I have just tested your video code now in the new bits (that are still in development) and it plays upon loading no problem, along with any time the tab is selected.

No date on when this major update will be available (because it will have a lot of other huge updates in it too that are work-in-progress right now), but it currently is our top development priority.

As a temporary workaround, perhaps kick off your animation from the Ribbon.SelectedTabChanged event.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.