WPF Controls Compatibility with .Net Core 3.1 and/ or .Net 5

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by David Pressman

Having just begun to explore your WPF offering, I am impressed.

However my extensive WPF project, already in Microsdoft Store, (and using controls from 2 other vendors) is based on .Net Core 3.1 and I expect to soon upgrade it to .Net 5. I can see how several of your controls might enhance the project measurably.

Which of your current WPF controls are compatible with one or both of these?

And which others will you be upgrading for compatibility in the next quarter or two?

What is your current support policy for such uses?

Thank you.

Comments (3)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

I'm happy to say that our WPF controls support .NET Core 3.1 today through our NuGet packages and we are already in the process of testing support for .NET 5. Our initial testing is showing that our .NET Core 3.1 assemblies can be used to target .NET 5 without any code changes, but we want to perform additional testing to make sure they are fully compatible before officially announcing support. All of the controls in our WPF suite will be supported for .NET 5 as they are for .NET Core 3.1 today.

You don't have to wait on us if you want to go ahead and try using our controls with .NET 5. While not officially supported yet, we would still strive to support our controls in .NET 5 today and address any issues that might arise since our goal is to officially support .NET 5 as soon as possible.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 3 years ago by Procam

Hello Actipro,

is NET 5.0 already officially supported by you for WPF applications? I see we can use nugets now, but what about licensing, there is some additional action to take?

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Yes .NET 5 is officially supported by the WPF Controls via the NuGet packages.  For licensing the controls from NuGet packages, please use the RegisterLicense method of licensing described here.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.