Focus and undocked toolwindows

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Brent Podruzny
Version: 2.0.92
When I have an undocked window (that has focus) and I then try to click on the toolstrip(the MS toolstrip)...it requires 2 clicks. One to set focus to the window (MDI parent) and the second click to make the toolbar event to fire. How can I get the toolstrip event to fire, even if the focus in on an undocked toolwindow?

[Modified at 08/02/2007 12:54 PM]

[Modified at 08/02/2007 01:09 PM]

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Unfortunately that is part of how ToolStrip behaves and is out of our control. I believe it doesn't allow clicks unless its parent form has focus. An undocked tool window is pretty much the same as a simple Form with an Owner of the parent Form.

Note that our UIStudio toolbar doesn't have this issue.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Brent Podruzny
Is there a workaround? We are too far gone to change out our menus and toolbars.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry but not that I'm aware of. Again this is a Microsoft coded thing, not a bug of ours. You could duplicate the same thing (without even using our controls at all) by using a regular Form with a tool window border style and putting a ToolStrip on it, and assigning that Form as owned by the parent Form.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.