Disappearing tool window titles

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Kasper
Version: 2.0.92
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi,

Has anyone else experienced that the titles of Tool windows suddenly disappears? At first, I thought it only happened for autohidden windows, but I have seen it for a couple of docked (tabbed) windows as well. You can see an example of this happening here:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6567/weirdtabslp3.png

Now, if I run the mouse over one the tabs, the text re-appears, but later on, it may go away again. Any idea of what's going wrong?

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I haven't heard of that happening. Are you using a custom renderer or one of ours? If it is one of ours then perhaps you can repro it in a small project and then tell us how so that we could debug it.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I have seen the bug while using the Office Royale renderer - I'm not using custom renderers at all. As you very well know, reproducing a bug like that is almost impossible, since I don't even know what triggers it in the first place. I was hoping that others were experiencing this too, or that you would have some sort of solution for it. As far as I can tell, the bug was introduced in one of the latest releases, probably .92.
More details: It only seem to happen when the mouse cursor is moved over a Tool window carrying the WebBrowser control from MS. When placing the cursor on the autohidden TW, the window is shown fine. If I move the cursor upwards and over the WebBrowser control, the text now disappears - if I move the cursor back to the TW tab, the text comes back again. I can reproduce this everytime in my application, but so far, I haven't been able to reproduce it in a test app.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.