How use MoveToMDi Method correctly?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by antonio
Version: 21.1.3

Dear,

i have too DockSite, with TabbedMdiGroup defined. I would like to define DocumentWindow common for both. I created tab common and added to the first DockSite A, and when i activate the DockSite B, i tried to use "MoveToMDI" method to move my common DocumentWindow. BUT, The first activation from DockSite A --> DockSite , the common DocumentWindows appears no-docked, on the top of the rest of tabs, and the second actvation from B to A, the common windows dissapears.

Are there any doc /example to use MoveToMdi correctly?

Comments (1)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

If you are using two DockSites and you want to allow the user to move a DocumentWindow between them, make sure you read through and follow all the information in this Linked Dock Sites documentation topic.

If you are doing the move purely programmatically instead and don't want to link the two DockSites, then you would need to probably:

1. Call DocumentWindow.Destroy() to ensure it's closed and removed from the first DockSite.
  2. Add the DocumentWindow to the second DockSite's DocumentWindows collection.
  3. Call DocumentWindow.MoveToMdi().

After that, it should appear in the second DockSite.

If you have any problems, it would be best if you could reproduce the issue in a new simple sample project and email that to our support address.  Be sure to remove the bin/obj folders from the .zip you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Then we can debug the issue and give advice.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.