Import with alias in intelli prompt

SyntaxEditor Python Language Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH
Version: 21.1.3
Platform: .NET 4.8
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am having trouble with imports that are using an alias.

For example I have the following import statement:

import vector.canoe as xxx

When I enter "xxx." the intelli prompt show the package "canoe". I would have assumed the content of "canoe" is shown.
What is worse is that when I change the import statement to this:

import vector.canoe.tfs as xxx

Now after "xxx." the intelli prompt still shows the package "canoe".

Am I missing something here, or is this a bug? I am a python novice, so I am not really sure, how this should behave.

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Comments (5)

Answer - Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for reporting it, it seems to be a bug.  We've fixed it for the upcoming 22.1 version.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

Hi,

I just tested the current 22.1 release and think the feature has broken the normal import. Yes the alias is used correctly if specified, but if not specified the top-level-package name is used instead.

For exmaple we add these two import by default in each document:

import vector.canoe
import vector.canoe.tfs

If I now open the intelli prompt after "vector." the content of "vector.canoe.tfs" is shown. It is like the import statement uses an alias "import vector.canoe.tfs as vector". But I don't think thats the desired behavior (I am still no Python expert).

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

Thanks, we've corrected this so both scenarios work properly.  The change is ready for the next build v22.1.1.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

Hi, can you say when the next build will be released?

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

We expect a release in the next week or two.  You can also write our support address to request a preview build if you'd like to try the fix now.  Please reference this thread if you write.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.