Update of ambient package repository not working

SyntaxEditor Python Language Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH
Version: 22.1.0
Platform: .NET 4.8
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

we noticed a issue with updates of the ambient package repository if the changed file is closed.

The package repository is automatically updated if the file is loaded. However the infos are reverted when the document is closed, even when the changes are saved. To fix this issue we created a service that calls QueuePackageCacheUpdate() for the file after it was saved. But somehow this doesn't have any effect.

AmbientPackageRepositoryProvider.Repository.QueuePackageCacheUpdate(
  document.FullFilePath,
  isRootPath: true,
  recurse: false);

The same applies to external file changes. I am pretty sure this used to work, but I don't see how any of my changes might have an effect on this.

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Comments (2)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

Since this is a complex scenario, can you put together a new simple sample project that shows it happening and send that to our support address?  Then we can debug with that project and see what's going on.  We can use the project to verify that the problem is fixed if code changes are needed.  Reference this thread in your email and exclude your project's bin/obj folders from the .zip you send so the attachment isn't spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for the sample.  That and the video helped narrow down the issue.  I believe the problem is that you are calling QueuePackageCacheUpdate and are passing the file path (for the .py file), whereas if you pass the package folder (directory) instead, it updates the cached package data and IntelliPrompt fine.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.