Revisiting Zooming in XYCharts

Charts for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Devin Phinney
Version: 22.1.0

I would like to see if any progress has been made to enable zooming in XYCharts.  I have a chart with many thousand datapoints that I want to display using data aggregation, then allow the user to zoom in and see increaseing amounts of detail.  If this is not implemented I would appreciate any ideas as to how to work around.

Thanks!

Comments (1)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Devin,

I'm sorry but no updates on that yet.  That being said, zooming could effectively be achieved with the current charts by:

1. Narrowing the data set you show in the chart so it trims off data points that fall out of the "zoom range" on a certain axis.
  2. Reducing data aggregation as you zoom in, so that more detailed results appear.

By doing those two things, you narrow the range of data that is viewed, and also show more detail within that visible range.

Panning could be achieved by keeping the same data aggregation level for the current zoom level, but sliding the window of allowed data points within the data set you show in the chart.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.