AutoCompleteBox popup items are not scrollable using touch screen

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH
Version: 19.1.0687

Hi,

I am using an AutoCompleteBox control which have a list of items as ItemsSource. If I have more of them the popup will have a scroll bar on the right.

I want to be able to scroll using the touch screen without dragging the scroll bar thumb. If I try to drag/scroll in the midle of the popup (list of items) it will not scroll. It will just select the items.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Comments (4)

Hi!

I tested also inside the SampleBrowser for the Countries AutoCompleteBox and behaves the same.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reporting this.  We've updated some internal logic on how we track clicks to better handle this and allow scrolling.  The update will be in v21.1.1.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Can this behavior make its way to v19 somehow ?

Or do you see a workaround because one of the applications I am working should be touch friendly and I need to fix this somehow. Also I cannot jump to a newer version.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

For v21.1, we migrated off our very old legacy build infrastructure and over onto GitHub, modernizing the entire build process along the way so that, in the future, we should be able to build any v21.1 or later major version again if needed.  The updated build process uses a new build engine, makes use of NuGet packages for references, goes with a new modern documentation engine, etc.

The downside of this is that we tore down our old, unused build server several months ago that was capable of running builds earlier than that version, so unfortunately we don't have a build server setup for v19.1 any more.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.