DateTimeEditBox not able to load type System.Runtime.DateTime?

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Devin Phinney
Version: 22.1.0
Platform: .NET 5.0
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried using a DateTimeEditBox and my XAML throws the following error:

Error XDG0062 Could not load type 'System.DateTime?' from assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. TViewClient-A D:\Ed2i\TViewClient-A\DataExport\SensorDownloadControl.xaml 37

Any ideas on what settings I need to change to get this to work?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Devin,

I'm able to see a similar error when using DateTimeEditBox in the XAML Designer. While using Visual Studio 2022, I will see the error display from time-to-time after modifying the value of the "Value" property. The error appears to be generated by Visual Studio IntelliSense and does not prevent the application from compiling. When I close the XAML editor or compile the application, the error goes away. If I change the Error List settings to "Build Only", the error also goes away.

From what I'm seeing, this appears to be an issue with the Visual Studio XAML Designer IntelliSense and not an issue with our controls. While clearly distracting, it should not impact your ability to successfully compile and run your application.

Please let us know if your experience is not consistent with ours.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Devin Phinney

That is indeed the case.  I saw the error and didn't even try to run the program.  It does run just fine despite the error message.

I can certainly live with distractions.  Thanks for the fast reply.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.