breadcrumb popup arrow not shown

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Patrick Neubauer
Version: 22.1.0

Hi there,

the arrow in the popup button is missing that lets you select among the item's siblings. This is just happening in one specific breadcrumb. All of the other breadcrumbs are working as expected. 
What can be the reason that the arrow is not displayed?

Comments (6)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Patrick,

It's hard to know without debugging a simple sample as to what specific arrow isn't showing and why, but a BreadcrumbItem's arrow generally disappears if the BreadcrumbItem.HasItems property is false.

If you'd like us to look into it further, please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue happening and send that to our support address.  Reference this thread in your email and be sure to exclude the bin/obj folders from the .zip you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

this seems to have something to do with the "AutoMinimizeItemCount". When the "AutoMinimizeItemCount" is 1 then the problem occurs. If the "AutoMinimizeItemCount" is 2 or more then the issue does not occur. 

Hi Patrick,

I didn't notice any issues in our Auto-Minimize sample when the AutoMinimizeItemCount is 1.  I'm sorry but it's hard to say what is happening without a sample to debug with.  You could try to modify one of our samples to show the issue, or send us your own simple sample project per the previous reply.  Thank you!

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

I debugged the issue further. The issue is that if I set the "SelectedPath" in code then the expanded Container has 0 items. 
If I set the selected path via the UI then the expaneded container has 9 items which is correct. 
I´m using a XML file as datasource. 

Is it possible to set the expaneded container via code?

Hi Patrick,

We've tried to reproduce what you are describing and have not been able to do so.

For example, I updated our Breadcrumb "Population" QuickStart because it uses an XML data source like you mentioned. I set the AutoMinimizeItemCount to 1 and added a button that, when clicked, will set the SelectedPath in code. I tried setting SelectedPath to "Root" and "Root\\Folder 2". In both scenarios, the path was properly set and the drop-down for all breadcrumb items was visible with the correct items displayed.

Can you tell us how to reproduce what you are describing in one of our samples? Otherwise, could you create a simple project to demonstrate the issue and send to our support address, removing any bin/obj folders from the ZIP to avoid it getting SPAM-blocked?

We are working to finalize the next WPF release ASAP and, if this is a product issue, we'd like to get this taken care of for the release. If you can provide something quickly that'd be great.

As for setting the expanded container via code, are you asking about populating the drop-down list of items? If so, those are derived from the data source and I'm not aware of any straight-forward method to set those in code.

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 2 years ago by Patrick Neubauer

Hi,

just found the problem. I had to use the dispatcher to invoke to get it to update correctly. 
Now it's working fine.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.