How to change style of ToolWindow title text?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Yuki
Version: 22.1.1

Hello,

I'd like to change style of ToolWindow title text.

In paticular, I'd like to change its FontFamily.

Could you please tell me how to do it? (I'm developing by MVVM)

(Modified)

Is there any way to change style of floating DocumentWindow title?

[Modified 2 years ago]

Comments (7)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The ToolWindowContainer control has TitleBarFontFamily and TitleBarFontSize properties.  Those properties are set via default Style setters so you can't really change them per ToolWindow.

Something like this, which shows our default Setter values, in your App.Resources will alter all ToolWindow titles:

<Style TargetType="docking:ToolWindowContainer">
	<Setter Property="TitleFontFamily" Value="{DynamicResource {x:Static SystemFonts.MessageFontFamilyKey}}" />
	<Setter Property="TitleFontSize" Value="{DynamicResource {x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.ToolWindowContainerTitleFontSizeDoubleKey}}" />
</Style>

You also could alternatively override any of those resource keys with new value in your App.Resources instead.

Floating document windows are hosted in a Window that uses our WindowChrome.  WindowChrome uses our AssetResourceKeys.WindowTitleFontSizeDoubleKey resource value for the title bar font size.  WindowChrome doesn't have a resource for font family though.

Actipro Software Support

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

When I use Docking/MDI with MVVM, is there no choice other than override resource key?

You also could alternatively override any of those resource keys with new value in your App.Resources instead.

The previously mentioned options are all that are available to change the Font.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks, I could change font family of ToolWindowContainer title.

Regarding floating document windows, is it impossible for us to customize the style?

Yes, you can customize the style. All of our control styles can be download from the "My Organizations" page of your account as an option under the "Actions" button next to each licensed product.

We often have to update our control styles with new releases, though. If you deploy a custom style you will no longer get those updates and will have to manually merge any style changes into your custom styles.

Actipro Software Support

Does it mean that we can customize the style if we purchace Blueprint License?

I cannot see menu of downloading style under the "Actions" button.

I apologize for the confusion as the ability to automatically download styles from the Actions button can vary depending on the type of license you have. You don't have to purchase the Blueprint License, but we will have to manually send those to you. Please send a request to our support email with the default styles you want and we can provide those for you.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.