AutoCompleteBox

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by SPF - Appeon
Version: 22.1.1

About autocompletebox control, how to meet the following requirements?

1. I want to control whether the drop-down box of search is opened, rather than force it to open.

2. The first item will be forced to be selected after the search box is pulled down. I hope I can control whether to select the first item.

You can check the email for specific details.

Comments (3)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

1) You can set AutoCompleteBox.IsPopupOpenedOnFocus to false to prevent it auto-opening on focus.  And you can set MinCharacterCountToOpenPopup to a very high number to prevent it from opening as you start typing.  Then you can toggle IsPopupOpen when you wish.

2) If the InputMode is set to ComboBox instead of its default as Search, it won't auto-select the first drop-down item when the text is empty.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by SPF - Appeon

The settings of these attributes cannot meet my needs. My needs are:

1. As long as there is data in the drop-down list, I need to expand the drop-down list.

2. When I input content, don't select an item for me by default. It will be selected only when I press the key.

3. Press enter when the item in the drop-down list is not selected. There is no need to fill in the content.

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I'm sorry but we don't have options for that exact behavior at this time.  We'll mark down the suggestion.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.