SearchOverlayPane

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by SPF - Appeon
Version: 22.1.1

I want to control the border state of the search box by myself. What do I need to do.

The effect I want is to control the red color of the border by myself, not by the control itself.

The picture is as follows:

https://imgtu.com/i/L5UCNj

[Modified 2 years ago]

Comments (3)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The red border on no match is set in the default Style/Template for the SearchOverlayPane control.  You would need to make a new Style/Template for the control, based on our default, that has different behavior if you wish for it to render in another way in that case.  The default Style/Template can be downloaded by whoever is tied to your company's account on our site.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by SPF - Appeon

You understand wrong. Now the "searchoverlaypane" control displays red as long as there is no matching text on the "editor". The search in vs can select "current document" or "entire solution". When I select "entire solution" to search, only when there is no matching item in the whole "solution" can I change the search box to no matching item state, instead of changing the search box state to no matching item state when there is no matching item in the current editor.

My requirement is whether the "searchoverlaypane" has a property or method to set whether there are matches in the search box.

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The red border on the search TextBox in the XAML template shows if the SearchOverlayPane.HasNoSearchResults property is set to true.  That property is settable publicly, but is updated as the "find text" and related options in the pane change and it does a background search in the document to see if any matches are made.

The SearchOverlayPane doesn't currently support external scope types such as "entire solution" that you described.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.