No such interface supported error. Opening HTML file on a network Windows 11.

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 1 year ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 3 months ago by Brandon Hollingsworth
Version: 4.2.42

When trying to open a HTML document on a network drive in Win 11 by double clicking, it gives a No such interface supported error.  If I go through Code Writer and open it, no problems.  If I change my default program to Firefox, double clicking the file works.  And finally, if I move the file off the network onto local, file also opens without any problems.  Interesting issue, not sure where the bug is but it feels like Win 11 + Networked folder + Code Writer = nada.  LMK if you figure out anything.  Thanks and appreciate.

Comments (2)

Posted 3 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brandon,

Hmm, that's odd.  I was able to go to a network share "\\mycomputername\folder" and right click on a HTML file and say Open With / Code Writer.  Code Writer opened the file successfully and without any errors.  I am also on Windows 11, latest build.

UWP (the Microsoft UI platform Code Writer is written in) has always had some tight security sandboxing in certain areas, the file system being one of them.  But in general, if you are telling Windows to open the file with an app like Code Writer, those security restrictions should be removed.  Unfortunately I'm not sure what to suggest here since we can't reproduce it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 3 months ago by Brandon Hollingsworth

No problem.  I can't think of any other reason why it would cause issues.  Any other program I use to open the file works and Code Writer opens it fine if it's off of another computer on the domain or if I open it through the program vs double clicking it to open.  Weird.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.