Ribbon area is sporadically white

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH
Version: 19.1.0687
Platform: .NET 4.8
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

A customer reported an issue, where the entire ribbon area is completely white. The buttons and controls are still functional, just not visible. The problem occurs spordically and I was not able to reproduce the issue.

We already updated to a newer version of your component, but since we cannot reproduce the issue, we cannot say if it was already fixed.

Maybe you are already aware of similar issues or have an idea what is causing the problem. The customer is often working via remote desktop, but claimed the issue also occured localy.

What could cause this issue? Could this be an issue with the graphics driver or Windows?

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Comments (1)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

I know we have seen some issues in the past with remote desktop scenarios where on resume a new template was assigned by WPF but some element that was tracked internally from the original template was still being referenced and used, which could lead to some UI glitches.  As far as we know though, any instances of that kind of thing have been worked out by now and we're not aware of any issues in the current version related to remote desktop usage.

Many years back we also had seen some odd instance that occurred infrequently but randomly, where a Window's background wouldn't initially paint, although some child controls would.  I believe that was due to something with WindowChrome that might have inadvertently triggered some bug with graphics cards.  However we have refactored WindowChrome since then and haven't seen that happen in years now.  It might have been our refactoring or a driver update by graphics card vendors that resolved it.

To sum up, we're not aware of any issues like what you describe in the most recent versions, so hopefully doing the upgrade will resolve it for them.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.