Message bar

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Jane
Version: 22.1.1

Hi. I'm not sure if I am asking on the right forum but I am wondering if there is a message bar control available similar to how Microsoft Word shows a Security Warning Message bar below the ribbon?I wanted to show a message/notification below the ribbon where they can close it when needed. Thanks.

Comments (1)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We don't have anything built into Ribbon yet for that.  We are currently working on a major Ribbon redesign that has a more modern style and is built from the ground up with MVVM support in mind, along with other improved core concepts.  That Ribbon does have an optional footer (info bar) area that can be displayed in the Ribbon.  Note that that implementation is still a number of months out from being ready for beta testing though.  It will be part of a Bars product we're working on.

In the meantime for the current Ribbon implementation, you could create a separate Border with rounded corners that appears under the Ribbon by several pixels to display your message.  It won't be as integrated with the Ribbon yet, but you can still make it fit in nicely appearance-wise.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.