Typing in the Ctrl+F Search texbox switches to the editor view

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Jane
Version: 22.1.1

Hello. I'm not sure where or what might be causing this behaviour but every time I type in the built-in search/find textbox,  the focus switches to the editor view, which then moves the cursor. Because of this, I can't continue typing the letter/word that I need to search but instead it types in the editor view.

I don't see this behaviour in the sample programs so not sure what's causing it. Appreciate the help.

Comments (1)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We haven't had any reports of that occurring.  My suggestion would be to try and reproduce it in a new simple sample project.  If it's not happening there, then update the sample to be structured more like your app until you start to see it occurring to narrow down a possible cause.

Alternatively, you can watch a got focus event on the editor.ActiveView.VisualElement and print the stack trace to the Debug window when it is called.  Then have this scenario occur again and see what stack trace triggers it.  Perhaps that will give a clue.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.