Posted 2 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

Hi,

I have noticed that the memory consumption of the new .net Add-on is significantly higher than with the old WinForms version.

About half of the memory consumption comes from the CSharpProjectAssembly instances, where a lot of memory is wasted with string duplicates. I have counted 2.350.258 instances of "System" in a relatively small project with 9 projects.

With the old WinForms version we made some changes to the source code, to improve the situation. Since String.Intern() has the problem, that strings cannot be unloaded, we used a simple ConcurrentDictionary<string, string> instead to re-use existing string instances in high-memory environments. With the new WPF version we are trying to minimize the changes, so I would suggest you could adopt the idea.

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Comments (1)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

We are happy to discuss techniques to reduce memory.  Please write us offline at our support address with any specific ideas you have and we can talk about them.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.