NewTabButton scrolls away with tabs

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 1 year ago by Ethem Acar
Version: 22.1.4

I would like if NewTabButton didn't scroll away with tabs. To use the button you need to always scroll to the last tab which is not great UX.

Comments (3)

Posted 1 year ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The new tab button feature is meant to be used with either the TabbedMdiHost.TabOverflowBehavior values of Shrink or ShrinkWithMenu.  Since the new tab button is inline with the tabs, in those modes it is coded to align to the right of the last tab if there is ample whitespace remaining.  If there is no whitespace remaining, it will align to the right of the tab area (remaining visible) and the tabs will shrink appropriately in the available space.

The need for one of the Shrink* overflow behavior settings is mentioned in the documentation and in the related new tab button QuickStart.  Unfortunately with other overflow behaviors, it will be off to the right in overflow situations since per above, it does align to the right of the last tab due to its inline location.  Therefore it is only recommended to use the new tab button feature if you are using a Shrink* overflow behavior, which works similar to a web browser's tab design.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 1 year ago by Ethem Acar

Would be nice if it worked like how firefox tabs newtabbutton works:

https://i.ibb.co/t4rY8rR/Tabs.gif

But I understand if its not possible.

[Modified 1 year ago]

Posted 1 year ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Thank you for posting that animation.  That looks to be a neat newer concept that is a combination of our current modes.  At the moment we can't do that with our current setup due to the visual tree structure, but we've marked it down as a possible enhancement for the future.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.