Use of PopupButton and ResizableContentControl

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 8 months ago by Joey Lu
Version: 22.1.4

Hello,

When I browsed and tried the provided sample project PopupButtonIntro, I found that after setting the height of the ResizableContentControl to a certain extent, the ResizeGripper just disappeared. After debugging, it is found that the actual height and width of ResizableContentControl are much larger than the height and width seen, which will cause I am not able to use ResizeGripper to reset the height and width after the ResizableContentControl pops up.

Did I use it incorrectly or is this a bug? Please help us in resolving this issue.

Kinds regards,

Joey Lu

Comments (1)

Posted 8 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I initially didn't see any problems resizing, but then I dragged the mouse to the very bottom of the screen.  It seemed that the WPF Popup that contained ResizableContentControl stopped growing after a certain point so that it can't go offscreen and I think that might be where the issue was.  ResizableContentControl didn't know where the WPF Popup stopped getting larger so ResizableContentControl continued to grow on mouse move and the Popup effectively clipped it.  If you then moved the window up and reopened the popup, you'd see  the ResizableContentControl gripper again.

We refactored the layout logic of ResizableContentControl to better handle constraint scenarios, which prevents this problem moving forward.  This update will be in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 5 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.