TabOverflowBehavior: On TabbedMdiHost, how can I have tabs overflow to a new line?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 7 months ago by Andrea
Version: 23.1.3

I want to be able to keep all of the tabs visible instead of hiding in a scroll, in a menu, or shrinking.

Is there a setting or way to allow the overflowing tabs just to create a new row (wrap the line)? 

<docking:DockSite>
                <docking:Workspace>
                    <docking:TabbedMdiHost TabOverflowBehavior="{Binding TabOverflowBehavior}"/>
                </docking:Workspace>
            </docking:DockSite>

TabOverflowBehavior Enum (ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking) - Actipro WPF Controls Docs

[Modified 7 months ago]

Comments (3)

Posted 7 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

While we don't have a direct option for that, I believe you can use code like this to use a WrapPanel for the items panel:

<docking:TabbedMdiHost x:Name="tabbedMdiHost">
	<docking:TabbedMdiHost.TabControlStyle>
		<Style TargetType="docking:TabbedMdiContainerTabControl">
			<Setter Property="ItemsPanel">
				<Setter.Value>
					<ItemsPanelTemplate>
						<WrapPanel />
					</ItemsPanelTemplate>
				</Setter.Value>
			</Setter>
		</Style>
	</docking:TabbedMdiHost.TabControlStyle>
</docking:TabbedMdiHost>

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 months ago by Andrea

Hello, Thank you for sharing the XAML, it looks great but one major flaw. The drag-and-drop doesn't work. Do you have any suggestions about how we could implement it so that we could still reorder the tabs and move to other tab groups? 

[Modified 6 months ago]

Posted 6 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Correct, unfortunately drag and drop reorder won't work without the AdvancedTabPanel primitive control being used in the ItemsPanelTemplate.  AdvancedTabPanel doesn't support a wrapping layout option at this time.  I have logged it as a suggestion for possible future implementation.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 6 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.