Really simple Intelliprompt question

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Dan Burton
Version: 3.1.0223
Hi,

I am trying to use SyntaxEditor to replicate the functionality of the Outlook 'To' address field, i.e. user starts typing an email address, a intelliprompt pops up of previous email addresses, user optionally selects ones and enters a delimiter character (say semicolon), then starts typing another email address and the intelliprompt list appears again etc etc.

I understand that I populate the SyntaxEditor.IntelliPrompt.MemberList with the previous email addresses to suggest - the bit I'm stuck on in how to show the intelliprompt UI - from what I can see I need a Trigger setup - but that requires a language definition.

If you could give me a brief example of how this simple scenario can be achieved I'd be really grateful :)

thanks

dan

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Kelly Leahy - Software Architect, Milliman
syntaxEditor.IntelliPrompt.MemberList.Show();

I call it from my OnSyntaxEditorKeyTyped in my language definition, but I imagine that you could call it from some KeyTyped event attached to the editor itself, if you don't have a language definition...

Kelly Leahy Software Architect Milliman, USA

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.