Automated UI Test (TestComplete) and Backstage close button

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 7 months ago by eric
Version: 23.1.3

Hi all,

im trying to record an automated UI test using Test Complete and for some reason the Backstage close button (with the back arrow) cannot be recorded and seem unfindable in the control tree.

Im wondering if anyone else managed to automate a click on this control?

Thank you!

Comments (1)

Posted 7 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Since this is posted in the Ribbon forum, I assume you're using the legacy Ribbon product and not the newer Ribbon in our Bars product that is replacing it? 

I pulled up our legacy Ribbon and showed the main demo's Backstage.  Using the Accessibility Insights for Windows app, I was able to see the Backstage close button show up properly in the UIA tree, from where it can be invoked.  We do not use Test Complete though, so I'm not sure what logic that application uses to locate elements.

To be thorough, I also checked the same thing in the newer Bars Ribbon demo and saw the close button in the UIA tree too. 

Both of these tests were in the latest 23.1.3 version.  If you are on an older version, you may want to try upgrading since we have made UIA improvements over time to our products.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 4 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.