AddReflectionForTypeMembers not filling Description.

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Erik Pepping - RADVenture B.V
Version: 4.0.0259
I was expecting AddReflectionForTypeMembers to fill the "Description" based on the property Help Summary. In the add-on I think it's implemented like that, but i am not using it in this case. (for reasons explained in other threads regarding merging with other languages).

Off course i can workaround it by looping again through the properties and reflect using System.Reflection but seems a waste of time.

private void AddToMemberList(Parameter pParameter)
        {
            if ( pParameter == null ) throw new ArgumentNullException("pParameter");
            if ( pParameter.Type == null ) throw new ArgumentNullException("pParameter.Type");

syntaxEditor1.IntelliPrompt.DropShadowEnabled = true;

syntaxEditor1.IntelliPrompt.MemberList.AddReflectionForTypeMembers(pParameter.Type,
                IntelliPromptTypeMemberFlags.Properties | IntelliPromptTypeMemberFlags.Methods 
                | IntelliPromptTypeMemberFlags.Public 
                | IntelliPromptTypeMemberFlags.Instance );

syntaxEditor1.IntelliPrompt.MemberList[1].Description = "This is my example description";

}

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Erik,

Sorry but the AddReflectionForTypeMembers method doesn't load the XML documentation files.

The .NET Languages Add-on on the other hand has special code that does load them and manages their contents well with a low memory impact.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Erik Pepping - RADVenture B.V
You are correct.
I don't know why I've assumed it was exposed in the System.Reflection.PropertyInfo.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.