Can you disable the Application Button on a Ribbon?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 17 years ago by MrX
Version: 1.0.0347
I'd like to implement the ribbon without the Application Button and menu. Is that possible?

Perhaps a Ribbon just isn't a Ribbon without it, but I'm embedding this control in a form that doesn't make sense to have the Application Button.

Comments (10)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmmm... just to make you aware, I believe that removing the application button would be violating the licensing terms of the Ribbon UI by Microsoft, and therefore would prevent you from legally being able to use the UI.

However in the interests of flexibility, while we don't have this option now (since we meet all the ribbon UI requirements), perhaps it is an option we can add. It would be great if you could email us with the specific requirements and reasoning for this so we can have some more info to go on. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Steven S.
I was looking for this behavior as well. While I like the ribbon, I think most users find the application menu to be a confussing feature and don't realize there is actually a menu there. I would rather use a traditional menu of some sort for the types of actions I would put in the application menu. In my case, I don't want to just disable it, I want to remove it all together.
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Steven,

I'll email you and we can discuss how you would like the appearance of everything to be in this case.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Acer
I'm interested in this behaviour as well.

Will you include it in your future version?

[Modified at 02/24/2008 05:27 AM]
Thanks for the comments, it is on our TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Is there any way to set the button disabled + tarnsparent for now?

Setting the ApplicationButton IsEnabled = false does not work,
Setting ALL the colors related to ApplicationButton to Tarnsparent reflects as a gray button (maybe the shadow).. Is this a bug?
We've added a new IsApplicationButtonVisible property on Ribbon for the next maintenance release. This should achieve the functionality you desire.

Actipro Software Support

10x
From which maintenance release is this feature avilable?
I believe it was 3.5.0421.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.