Posted 17 years ago by John Carpenter
Hello,

Should SyntaxEditor be able to work with XSL files? I seem to have two problems at the moment:

1. I have an XSLT schema but obviously it won't know what my end result schema is going to be. Can I merge 2 schemas together? I know I can load more than one in, but the intellisense only appears to work at the root level. EG if I load xhtml.xsd and my xslt.xsd together I don't get any XHTML intellisense appearing in an xsl:template.

2. This may be related to 1. and may not be a bug, but if I am within an XHTML element, I lose the "xsl" prefix. Eg:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" version="1.0">
<xsl:template match="/">
<table>

</table>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

In this example, when my cursor is between the 2 table tags, intellisense pops up but doesn't display the "xsl:" prefix (e.g. it shows "value-of") whereas if my cursor is anywhere else it displays the "xsl" prefix. This could be my schema though.

I get the impression that SyntaxEditor is extensible enough to support whatever I want to do but I'm not really sure where to start and don't want to rewrite something that already exists. (Also if I need to write my own XSL handler I may not need to buy the web extensions pack)

Sorry to ask a bit of a newbie question... I'm still in my evaluation period (just!) and want to make sure it will fully support XSL before splashing out. I'm not able to devote a huge amount of time to working with it.

John

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi John,

Well what you can do is load a SchemaSet, which is one or more schemas in a SchemaSet object. In that you can have schema elements from one schema reference those from another in the set.

So while there isn't currently a way to just say "merge XSLT and XHTML" and be done, you could take both schemas and modify them so that each element defines which elements from the other schema can be in it.

So you would have to enhance xsl:template to tell it it can contain any XHTML element, etc. But if you do that, it should probably work. The use of groups, etc. in your XSD definitions might help make the definitions a lot faster too.

We'll check out #2. Thanks for reporting it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Brian
John,

Did you ever get this working? I need a working solution to this before I can commit to purchasing the product. Maybe Atipro can\has put together a working sample?

Thanks,

Brian
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brian,

Sorry we don't have a merged sample of XSLT and XHTML at this time. John, do yo?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.