Posted 16 years ago by Craig Presti
Version: 4.0.0262
Hello,

I was wondering if its possible to have autocomplete provide closing element completion.

ie: If I originally have something like

<element />
...and i then need to nest other child elements in it, I change it to look like

<element>
...when I delete the /> on the element, it would be good if it can automatically put the closing element in with the caret inbetween like this:

<element><!--caret here--></element>
I've been using the XAML editor quite a bit in vs2008 and really like the way it operates - it would be handy to be able to reproduce similar functionality in our applications.

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

I've been looking at the VS editor but am not sure if I'm seeing what you are describing.

Right now our XML language should be appending the end tag and putting the caret in if you delete the /> and then type > again. Is that what you mean and do you see that happening?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Craig Presti
Yeah you're correct, thats the behaviour Im after and when I try it now it works as expected.

I have a feeling my schema file may have been slightly broken when I posted the earlier message. Sorry for the false alarm!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.