support for Arabic language

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Mauro - Italy
Version: 4.0.0246
I've seen that some of your tools have right-to-left support for languages such as Hebrew or Arabic.
We are planning a globalization of our product that use your SyntaxEditor in many functions.
Do you support it? (it dosn't seem to me)
Do you have plan to support it in future release ? When ?

Thanks.

Comments (4)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi, sorry but I don't believe that SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms will support right-to-left languages at this time. Unfortunately we don't have any immediate plans to add it since we have many other items on our plate at this time that have a higher priority.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Mauro - Italy
It's hard to replace your SyntaxEditor in my application :(
Your wpf ribbon have a full support of RTL : it also reverse the application layout.
But let me propose a classification about an Arabic language support:

1) Full: also application interface is RTL
2) UI Language: application have usual LTR look but all text is in Arabic
3) Basic: application is not localized but the input can be in Arabic
4) Mininmal: the input is in Unicode, so I can copy past Arabic text.
5) None: the application dosn't support unicode.

I've made some test and I've seen that, your SyntaxEditor is at level 4, but it have only two wrong behaviours for level 3 (which is what developers usually ask):
I can write text in arabic and the typed word flow RTL, with only the caret in the wrong position, but:
- when I type a space char the next word is on the right ( RTL is at word but not at sentence level).
- when a text is selected the higlight mess up the caracters ( only the hilighted chars are writtren LTR )

If you fix this two issue users of your component can do the remainig works and have application that can be selled to many other customers.

Tanks.
Posted 16 years ago by giovanni
We are really interested in having basic support to Arabic language.
Any news on this item?
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
If you'd like, we can start an email discussion on what specifically is missing and go from there. We don't know Arabic or the rules related to editing/rendering it so with your help, perhaps we can make some changes. However it will depend on what is involved and how it impacts our current design as to whether we can do anything.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.