Outline Underline Last Line

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Leif Zars
Version: 4.0.0260
At the end of every region the outlining shows a tick mark designating the end of the region. I would also like to underline the last line of the region just as Visual studios :). Can this be done now?

Thanks

Leif Zars

Comments (6)

Posted 16 years ago by Kelly Leahy - Software Architect, Milliman
Hehehe... I guess only the VB settings cause that to happen in VS2005. I haven't seen what you're talking about.

Probably wouldn't be a difficult feature to add if they don't already have it.

Kelly Leahy Software Architect Milliman, USA

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Leif,

Yes those are called content dividers. You can read about them in the "SyntaxEditor Text Visualization Features / Content Dividers" help topic.

Actipro Software Support

okay i found that, it works in your test app but only under vb script not vb.net addon. Any reason for this?

Leif
It has to do with how the lexers are defined in the two various languages. In the dynamic one, we have special tokens for the various End ??? keywords where the token is both words. This makes it easy to identify them and set up the content dividers on the tokens.

In the add-on, the keywords End and Sub for instance are parsed separately. So there is nothing really to identify (from the lexer's perspective that is) that it should receive a content divider. Perhaps this is something we can add down the road however it will take some redesign to get there.

Actipro Software Support

So what your saying is is that it doesn't work with the addon yet?
Correct.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.