Getting text consistent with offsets in SemanticParseData

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Kelly Leahy - Software Architect, Milliman
Version: 4.0.0260
Is GetText(LineTerminator.NewLine) the correct way to get document text that is consistent with the offsets in your parse results, or is there a more preferred way to do this? In other words, is there some property somewhere that tells me I must pass LineTerminator.NewLine, or are there some cases where I need to pass something different to GetText in order to be consistent?

I found this thread: http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Support/Forums/ViewForumTopic.aspx?ForumTopicID=2228

It seems to indicate that GetText(LineTerminator.NewLine) is the appropriate way to go.

Thanks,

Kelly Leahy Software Architect Milliman, USA

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes you have it right. We internally story the text with a single LF character which makes it much easier to parse and this way we also have a consistent character to check for. Since the Document.Text property reinserts the CRLF line terminators (because that is generally how people want to grab text for other uses), using GetText(LineTerminator.NewLine) would be what you want.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.