Maximize/Redraw Issue

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Adam Dickinson
Version: 4.0.0261
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
The bug I'm seeing is similar to the one described here.

1) In the SDI Editor (part of the Test Application), double-click the title bar to maximize the window.
2) The area of the SyntaxEditor control no longer refreshes itself, making it impossible to see the whole document or make any edits. Even changing the current Language has no effect.

Most of my users are still on version 257, so the bug has been around for at least that long. In addition to just maximize, we are sometimes seeing the same result when resizing the container on which the SyntaxEditor control (Dock is set to Fill) resides.

Because the problem described here has a similar result, I thought I would try adding a call to SyntaxEditor.ResetDoubleBufferCanvas() in a SizeChanged event handler, but it did not have any effect. I also tried Invalidate() and Refresh() in its place, but that didn't do anything, either.

I'll email my computer specs in case it's related to Windows or my graphics driver.

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Adam,

We use a GDI doublebuffer for several reasons but mostly because GDI+ doesn't draw text sequences correctly. If the control stops drawing it could be due to SyntaxEditor not being able to allocate or manage a GDI bitmap backbuffer. This should only ever happen if you run out of GDI memory. After looking at the code I can't see any other reason for this sort of thing happening.

Let me e-mail you to get some more specifics on your scenario.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.