Posted 16 years ago by Lennart Theil - Junior Software Developer, JOA
Version: 4.0.0261
We recently started to use the add-on, and we have ran across a problem for us. First, let me introduce what we're using the control and the add-on for.

We have implemented a macro-like function within our program. These macro's consist of C# code. However, only the main-function is used. When, for example, the user types a macro like:
void main()
{
print("Test");
}

our builder makes code like:

using stuff;

namespace macro {
void main()
{
print("Test");
}
}
We are using the add-on to easily implement features like auto-completion.

When I type the code like it would come out of the builder, the intelliPrompt feetures do work. However, when I type my first code, these features don't work. Quite logical, because the document uses the CSharplanguage.
My question is whether I'll have to make my own complete language definition or whether I can simply edit the CSharpLanguage definition. Or do you have some better idea perhaps?

Regards,
Lennart Theil

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Lennart,

Check out the code fragments quickstart. That shows how you can add header and footer text to a document that isn't displayed to the end user but is parsed as if it is there. That allows you to essentially have your #2 while the user sees only #1.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Lennart Theil - Junior Software Developer, JOA
Thanks, works like a charm now.

Regards,
Lennart
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.