Styling RibbonParts

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Siegfried Kreutzer - Ecolog GmbH
Version: 1.0.0348
Hello Actipro Support Team.

Is there a possibility to change the Style of the ScreenTips?
I use an application-wide custom style for the ToolTips, except Ribbon uses its own blue ScreenTips. How can I set (for example) a yellow background and round corners to the ScreenTips?
Is it possible to edit the template for it or override the ScreenTipBackgroundBrush?

kind regards
Siegfried

Comments (4)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes go ahead and create a global style for ScreenTip that sets the BorderBrush and Background properties. And yes you can override the template too.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Siegfried Kreutzer - Ecolog GmbH
Is there a style template for the ScreenTip control? With Blend I can't get a style-copy of ribbon controls. Is there also a ControlTemplate to change?
I want to know which properties the ScreenTip control has.
Do you have a pattern for me?
Hi, if you'd like to discuss this in more detail, please email us. In the upcoming major version of Ribbon, we've done some big changes to how UI for controls is applied so that everything is more based on styles and templates.

In v1.0, ScreenTip just inherits ToolTip and doesn't add any new properties other than having its own default style settings. So any style for ToolTip will work for ScreenTip. In the upcoming new version however ScreenTip is much more enhanced and has a lot of new properties on it.

Actipro Software Support

My apologies, it appears that in v1.0 the ScreenTip class is internal so applying a style to it won't work. In the next major version that we've been working on, it is public so that's why I was confused. We are getting closer each day to the release of the next major version.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.