Does SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on support Chinese

SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by YaoMing Huang
Version: 4.0.0262
I found some problems about SyntaxEditor Add-on.

Does SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on support Chinese ?
It shows me that is an illegal name when I set attributes and elements name in Chinese.

Comments (4)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thank you for the post. It appears that our pattern definition for names is currently only allowing English alpha characters. We can make a change to allow other alpha characters from a list elsewhere in our code but I'd like to verify with you that the list includes the Chinese character range. Could you post or email us with the Unicode numeric range of Chinese alpha characters so that we can verify that our change would work correctly for you? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The unicode range of CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) alpha characters is {U+2F00..U+9FFF}.

Thanks!!
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Looks like we may need to eventually make some large changes to handle this sort of thing. But in the meantime this workaround should help.

Add this right after you create the XmlSyntaxLanguage... this will modify the tag name macro.
xmlLanguage.IsUpdating = true;
xmlLanguage.LexicalMacros.Remove(xmlLanguage.LexicalMacros["TagNameMacro"]);
xmlLanguage.LexicalMacros.Add(new ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.Dynamic.LexicalMacro("TagNameMacro", @"[a-zA-Z_0-9\-:\.\u2F00-\u9FFF]"));
xmlLanguage.IsUpdating = false;

Actipro Software Support

It works. Thank you.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.